Refer to player eligibilty requirements here.
Spring Season Programs
A valid US Lacrosse membership is required to participate in any of our programs.
Youth | Grades K - 8 | Registration Opens in November with Early Bird Discounts until December 31
K to 2nd Grade Our K-2 program consists of Sunday practices run in a clinic style to introduce young players to lacrosse and to develop basic stick and ball skills in a fun and safe environment. Optional games are also offered through Greater Eastside Lacrosse League. The K-2 program is overseen by an experienced, adult lacrosse coach and implemented by experienced high school players. The program will begin in March and run through May.
3rd & 4th Grade Our 3/4 program is developmental with a focus on fundamental skills and the introduction of team offense and team defense. Players are evenly divided on teams based on skill as determined by player evaluation during the initial practices. Teams practice twice a week starting in February with games on Saturdays March through May. Games are played through Greater Eastside Lacrosse League.
5th & 6th Grade Our 5/6 program is developmental and focus remains on fundamentals and the development of multiple team concepts. Players will be divided evenly between teams based skills evaluation during the initial practices. Teams practice twice per week starting in February with games on Saturdays March through May. Games are played through Greater Eastside Lacrosse League.
7th & 8th Grade Our 7/8 program becomes more competitive and fields A and B skill level teams. Players can participate in tryouts at the start of spring season for the A1 level team known as the 7/8 BLUE team. This team requires a higher level of commitment and has an additional financial commitment for local tournaments and travel/tournament back east that is not included in the registration fee. Depending on the number of 7/8 registrations and the skill level of the players, there may be a level A2 team. Otherwise, players who do not tryout or who do not make the 7/8 Blue team will be evenly divided between B level teams based on skill evaluation during tryouts and initial practices. 7/8 teams practice 3 times per week starting in February and play games on Saturdays March through May. Games are played through the Greater Eastside Lacrosse League. Teams will have tournament opportunities in June and July (7/8 Blue only).
Post-Season Tournaments Tryouts for 3/4 and 5/6 post-season tournament teams will be held in May. Our program typically enters teams in 2-4 local (WA & OR) tournaments in May and June. The spring 7/8 Blue team will enter local tournaments and play in a tournament in Philadelphia in July. If there is a 7/8 A2 and/or 7/8 B team then they may also enter local (WA & OR) tournaments. Tournaments and travel are not included in the spring season registration fee. Additional fees will be charged based on tournament and travel expenses. Also see Off-Season section below.
Calendar Outline (Please view our online calendar for exact dates during the season)
- Late January | BBLC Season Launch (for grades K-12). Speakers, t-shirts, pizza, breakout sessions with coaches, stringing clinic, equipment demos, Bellevue Lacrosse swag, lax themed door prizes, volunteer information, and more.
- End of January | 7/8 Blue Tryouts
- Early February | Practices Start for 5th-8th Grades
- Mid February | Practices Start for 3rd-4th Grades
- Early March | Picture Day
- Early March | Games Start for 5th-8th Grades
- Mid March | Games Start for 3rd-4th Grades
- Mid March | K-2 Clinics Begin
- April or May | Youth Night at Varsity/JV Game
- Late April | Tryouts for Youth Wolverine Tournament Teams
- Late May | End of Regular Season
- June/July | Post-season Tournaments (tournaments vary for different grade levels, additional fees required)
Players are not allowed to “play up” (i.e., a 6th grader playing in 7/8 division) without BBLC Board approval. Any requests to play up should be made prior to January 15th by emailing
. Conversely, no one may “play down” in a division for which they are not eligible without the approval of the BBLC Board and the Greater Eastside Lacrosse League.
High School | Grades 9 - 12 | Registration Opens in November with Early Bird Discounts until December 31
Our high school program includes three teams:
- Junior Varsity II
- Junior Varsity
All high school players must attend tryouts the first week in March. Varsity and a few select others will be invited to participate in an off-site lacrosse weekend at Camp Casey the first weekend following tryouts.
In order to tryout players must:
- Register and pay fees at www.bellevuelacrosse.com.
- Players must also complete the online Bellevue High School Spring Sports Registration Packet here when the school opens the online spring sports registration. You will NOT pay fees to Bellevue High School.
- Players must have an up-to-date Medical History and Physical Examination Form on file at Bellevue High School. Forms are good for 2 years.
- Players must complete ImPACT Testing. ImPACT Tests are valid for 24 months. Dates will be scheduled for lacrosse players in February.
High school players practice M-F evenings at Bellevue High School starting the first week in March. Games are played through the end of May. Varsity travels over the first half of spring break to play top teams in a different state (trip/location varies by year). Varsity travel is not included in the spring registration fee.
Bellevue High School teams play games through the Washington High School Boys Lacrosse Association.
Calendar Outline (Please view our online calendar for exact dates during the season)
- January/February | Pre-Season Conditioning Mon, Wed, Fri
- Late February/Early March | High School Tryouts
- Early March | Camp Casey - Invitation Only
- March | Picture Day
- Spring Break | Varsity Trip (trip/location varies by year, additional fees required)
- Late May | State Championship Game Day (Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend)
- Late June/Early July | Possible Varsity (non-graduating) and Rising Varsity Trip (trip/location varies by year, additional fees required)
Spring Season Fees
Registration for Spring Season open in November. Early bird discounts apply until December 31st. Scholarships are available.
- K/2 $149 Early Bird Discount = $15
- 3/4 $270 Early Bird Discount = $25
- 5/6 $435 Early Bird Discount = $50
- 7/8 $599 Early Bird Discount = $75
- HS $875 Early Bird Discount = $100
Off-Season Program Offerings
Fall Ball - Bellevue Boys Lacrosse Club offers an off-season Fall Ball program for grades K-12 with alternating practices and games on Sundays ONLY starting in September and ending mid-November. Grades K-8 play in the GELL Fall Ball league alternating practices and games each week. High school varies between practices, mini-lax and games. Registration opens in August. Separate fees apply.
Tournament Teams In the fall season, BBLC Fall Ball teams/players will participate in local events from play days to multi-day tournaments such as WA LOVE and Space Needle Shootout. Our spring season tournament teams are typically formed via tryouts and the teams, known as our Wolverine Tournament teams, play in local and PNW regional tournaments in May, June and possibly July. Separate fees apply for spring tournaments.
Summer Camps - Two to four one-week sessions are usually offered in late-June and July. Sessions are open to incoming 1st-8th grade students from any area/school district. The camps are specifically geared toward fundamental individual skills and the introduction to team concepts. Our outstanding staff will focus on teaching the skills and concepts that have made the Bellevue program successful at all levels. Whether learning the game for the first time or looking to take it to the next level, our methods have proven results in a short amount of time. Separate fees apply.
Captains Practices These are informal practices for high school players and are run by varsity captains. All high school players are encouraged to participate. Captains practices take place at the BHS stadium twice a week Sept - Nov and then again in January and February. No fee.
Pre-Season Conditioning - Registration opens in December. Runs MWF for 6 weeks starting early January. High school players registered for the upcoming Spring Season are eligible to participate. Separate fees apply.
Weight Training - Offered late summer through mid-December and then again in January and February for high school players. No fee.